Welcome to Gemstone Climbing Center! We are the Magic Valley’s first Indoor Climbing and Fitness Facility! We have something for everyone, from first-time climbers to serious rock climbers, from kids to adults. Our #1 goal is to provide a facility that any person can attend and have a great time. Our facility is also the first 100% ADA accessible climbing gym in the world.
Gemstone Climbing Center is not just a gym. We are a climbing center, a yoga studio, a fitness gym and a community! We offer climbing, yoga and fitness because we believe that they all compliment each other both on and off the wall. And yet Gemstone is more than just a fitness facility. We are a community!
Our Yoga Studio is the place to develop a serious yoga practice. Our skilled and passionate yoga teachers offer many yoga classes including hot, warm, gentle, restorative, Buti, vinyasa, and power yoga.
Our fitness classes are top notch. Our talented and amazing fitness instructors teach Strength, Core and More classes, Base Camp Fitness, and an Obstacle Course Race Fitness training.
But if classes are not your thing we have cardio equipment, free weights, and a 20 ft HTX Titan Rig designed for a variety of training regimens including conditioning, weight lifting and obstacle training.
If you are looking for a place to host a group, we have a party room for birthdays and work events. We have the capacity to host large events such as corporate events, school outings, regional climbing competitions, movies and lecture series.
Here are 5 Reasons Why Yoga Makes You A Better Climber and Builds Your Climbing Confidence!
1. Mindfulness: In yoga class you learn how to control and become aware of your breath. This deliberate breathing can help keep you calm on the rock when you are over exerting or in a hairy situation.
2. Body Awareness: On the rock you need to know whether or not you have the span to stick a long reach or toe onto a distant foothold. In yoga you learn how to use your body correctly on the rock by teaching your body to get into different poses.
3. Core Strength: On the wall it is important to keep your hip close to the rock and evenly distribute your weight. In yoga, you learn about your center line, your core and how to hug into you mid line which you need so that you can stay stable while climbing.
4. Flexibility: In yoga you learn moves to increase your body’s flexibility. Having a consistent yoga practice helps you use high feet and execute wide stemming moves.
5. Injury Prevention: Yoga helps develop muscular balance between strength and flexibility. A strong core and good flexibility, apart from improving your climbing can also help prevent injury on the wall.